Monday, April 9, 2012

One

One seems like a fitting way to start this off.  This is one as in the one and only blog post I have ever made in my life (thus far).  One as in the number of NHL teams to win a Stanley Cup in their one and only appearance (Tampa Bay Lightning).  One as in the number of wins my Miami Dolphins "strung" together during the 2007 season.

Anyway, I hope this post is one of many for me here.  I've never done the blog-thing before, but have always wanted to give it a shot.  There are very few things I enjoy talking about more than sports, so it only seemed fitting to give the topic a shot.  Alas, a few other sports blogs exist out there, so trying to find something unique is generally far-fetched.  Rather than just being opinionated about my teams, and at times I'm sure, I wanted to do something that interested me.

My knowledge of statistics is fairly basic, but the combination of them with sports is always something that has perked my interest.  I thought what better than to post about random statistics related not only to my opinions, but facts as well.  Hopefully from time to time, they can be insightful enough to promote something that wasn't thought about.  Other times, I hope to learn something from them myself, or from anyone who is so kind to take the time to read them.  Some sports I have followed all my life, others much more recent, and hopefully others in the future.  I hope in some ways I can learn to follow some of these sports I've ignored by doing this.

I'll apologize in advance for being stubborn and opinionated on somethings as I'm sure I will, but aside from that, I hope some can enjoy what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment